Okay, I'm gonna start an Abilities section for her for Second Evolution and since they are all the same attacks from First Departure, I'll simply use the English FD names for the attacks carried over to SE (unless they change them in SE, which is unlikely). Since there are no SFTs in Second Evolution, what levels does Welch learn her techs (with the exception of Nibelungaling!, which, like First Departure, requires the Symbol of the Gods item) for SE? If they DO by chance change the English attack names from FD to SE, I'll just update accordingly. Lady Reimi 17:24, 10 December 2008 (UTC)
Welch in SO4!?
This is Lady Reimi here, btw. I'm just not logged in. Anyway, while on the GameFAQs forum for The Last Hope, I found an interesting (shocking?) scan: http://img258.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=13774_09_122_126lo.jpg
Is that really Welch!? What did they do to her...lol. Will she be playable in SO4 as well, I wonder? All I know is, that is NOT the Welch I'm used to xD
- Here are some better-quality scans (WARNING to Welch fanboys and/or people used to seeing Welch the way she looked in
SO1 - SO3; the following scans may shock and offend you):  and . Turns out she'll be having the same role she had in SO3: Item Creation manager. But even so, why did they have to make her look like that? @_@ I guess she had plastic surgery after that, lol... Lady Reimi 01:32, 9 January 2009 (UTC)
- What did they do to her!? :O - Henryacores^ 15:06, 10 January 2009 (UTC)
- They went to all that effort to keep her appearance consistant in SO1-3 then do this? O_o Although, if you shopped her hair back to normal, she'd be the same old Welch. If I'd lived for hundreds of years I'd be constantly changing my hair style too. Diablocon 15:08, 10 January 2009 (UTC)
Welch was hot, but they seem to have ruined her, if they keep her personality and voice as in SO3- (I haven't played 1 or 2 so I don't know what she was like there) -it might be OK, but her appearance seems a bit unforgivable.
We all know Welch got the OPA from the end of Star Ocean First Departure. And she has looked the same in the first 3 star oceans, albeit a slight age difference. So if she's been using this OPA to jump around the galaxy and possibly even time, who's to say she didn't change her appearance on purpose. I mean, it would get kinda suspicious after a while, the name Welch Vineyard and the same little girl to go with it popping up whenever there's a catastrophe in the universe, even if they are hundreds of years apart. What if she simply changed her look so she could say "she wasn't there, we didn't even look alike!" Maybe her role in the story has something more than just being there because of the OPA but not as far as we know so this is all just speculation on my part.
Sry --Abaddon 101 03:16, 25 June 2009 (UTC)abaddon_101
Welch recruitment question (SO:SE)
Say, it occurs to me, is it possible to get a party of Opera and Bowman AND get Welch? Here's my plan on Universe mode: Claude, Rena, Opera, Precis, Welch, Ernest, Dias, Chisato. But, I've been contemplating getting Bowman instead of Precis, but I've read several issues on this but none have answered my question. Can anyone help me test this out? I'm busy trying to get Meracle's 255 Ornithology drops (with tons of freezes T______T) and going on lowest BR before Nest of Eagles in The Last Remnant X_X Someddrnoob 04:00, June 13, 2010 (UTC)
- You can, but you won't get Welch's Mithril Fist. That tech requires a PA with Precis in the party. Riegella li Ersaren 15:42, June 14, 2010 (UTC)
i think Welch is 4D Being and one of the eternal spheres creators living in it, she says she's a creator in SO 1 & 2 Remakes and in Till the End Of Time, under her blue Dress, she's wearing the same Clothes as Blair Lansfeld
- Welch isn't canon in SO1/2 and the Welch characters in SO3 and 4 are separate people. She's a 'recurring' character just like Ruddle and Puffy, nothing more or less. ClaudeLv250 22:52, April 6, 2011 (UTC)