Okay, cut, end it there.
Star Ocean: The Second Story/Star Ocean: Second Evolution
A devoted rookie reporter of a newspaper company, who despite having careless tendencies believes that uncovering and reporting the truth is her calling. She is a practitioner of jujitsu, and thus an expert at combat, her skills demonstrate full mastership. She encounters Claude and the others while chasing a certain story and decides to join them.
Chisato is a reporter for the Nede Times who loves getting into the action, a quality that oftentimes makes her reckless. During your journey on Energy Nede, you will spot her sneaking around, and in the Cave of Crimson Crystals, she drops her ID Card during a scene. After clearing the dungeon and picking up the lost ID Card, head to Centropolis and talk to her. You will then be given the option to recruit her. She lived in North City with her family, who is implied to own the Blue Flask item shop. During a private action, she can be found in her room sorting through her accessories, finding one labeled "Ashton Anchors", which disturbs her greatly. She never takes center stage, usually speaking in private actions or in random events. During her ending, she is living on Expel.
Star Ocean: Blue Sphere
Immediately after the main storyline, Chisato and Noel now find themselves homeless, and on Expel. They decide they have to live there, but both have seperate difficulties adjusting. Chisato is upset by the primitive nature of Expel, mostly with their lack of a mass communication system. She decides she will do her best to set one up on Expel, as well as continue her journalism. Because of her journalism, she travels to many uncivilized areas of Expel, fighting against monsters there, and improving her fighting skills.
Chisato continues her writing until Precis contacts her about Opera and Ernest's SOS message. She immediately comes to their aid, ready for adventure.
Several years after the destruction of Energy Nede, Chisato helps Rena record the tales and history of Energy Nede up until its 3,700,000.14th year where it was destroyed by the Symbol of Annihilation.
Chisato is a very versatile character. Though it looks like Chisato fights mainly with her hands and feet, the weapons she uses are tasers. This doesn't mean, however, that all her weapons are given a thunder attribute.
She has the highest movement speed in the game, and strikes quite fast. She has surprisingly low starting STR and CON stats for a melee fighter. She does, however, make up for it by having the highest starting DEX and AGI stats of all characters in the game.
Chisato also has a variety of elemental based Special Arts, all of them specializing in striking the enemy multiple times to rack up damage and stun them. She also has powerful close range Arts useful against single hit targets. Among her notable arts are Roaring Cartwheel, a very fast attack useful to setups for other Arts; 100,000 Volts, often considered her best Art due the high amount of bolts she release allied with low cooldown, meaning she can use it repeatedly to stun opponents; and Tear Gas, which is very powerful against opponents trapped in the corners of the stage.
In the remake version when the player controls Chisato during random battles, she can kick her opponents three times.
|Name||MP Cost||Attribute||Damage||Level Learned||Rank Up||Changes||Base||Effect|
|Roaring Cartwheel||5||NA||100%/2 hits||Default||80 uses, 3 increases||Extra hit||384||Jingu-Style Move: Roaring Cartwheel. Charge forward while rapidly rotating forward.|
|Burning Cards||10||NA||100%/3 hits||Default||100+ uses, 2 increases||2 Extra hits/3 Extra hits||Short: 400, Long: 768||Toss out several special business cards made exclusively for combat.|
|Gale Somersault||14||NA||100%/2 hits||Default||100+ uses, 2 increases||Extra hit||48||Jingue-Style Move: Gale Somersault. Deliver a rapid succession of kicks in a beautifully choreographed sequence.|
|100,000 Volts||22||Wind||100%/3 hits||44||100 uses, 2 increases||2 Extra hits||Short: 250, Long: 384||Produce a powerful surge of electricity from a high-voltage electromagnetic rod.|
|Flamethrower||20||Fire||25%/8 hits||53||100+ uses, 3 increases||4 Extra hits/Damage +50%, 4 less hits||448||Fire bursts of powerful flames that scorch the enemy.|
|Rising Dragon||17||NA||100%/3 hits||62||100+ uses, 3 increases||2 Extra hits||64||Jingu-Style Move: Rising Dragon. Deliver a succession of blows in a beautifully choreographed sequence.|
|Tear Gas||32||NA||37.5%/50 hits||68||100+ uses, 1 increase||10 Extra hits||Short: 600, Long: 768||Emit a stream of noxious tear gas.|
|Missile Strike||25||NA||150%/3 hits||76||80 uses, 3 increases||Extra hit||NA||Call in fighter jets to fire missiles at the enemy.|
Availability: Gacha Permanent
Role: Attacker 5☆ to 6☆
- Unshakeable Journalism - Nullify Paralysis (All Allies 120 seconds) / ATK +15% (All Allies)
- Persistent Reporter Spirit - AP Recovery from Normal Attacks +100% when HP is 100% (All Allies)
- Polished Self-Defense - Increase All Allies Rush Gauge when using Rising Dragon (Self)
- Nede's Hope - AP Consumption -40% when Skill Chain 3+
Rush Combo: Preparation - Damage +60% (All Allies 20 seconds) Power: ATK x 3,500% Max Hit Count: 10
- Twister 32 AP - Power: ATK x 410% Max Hit Count: 5
- Crescent Locus 17 AP - Power: ATK x 150% Max Hit Count: 4
- Palm of Destruction (Weak) 18 AP - Power: ATK x 210% Max Hit Count: 1
- Rising Dragon 54 AP - Power: ATK x 620% Max Hit Count: 7
LB 10 Level 70 Status:
- HP: 13,965
- ATK: 2,350
- INT: 1,432
- DEF: 1,733
- HIT: 1,064
- GRD: 756
- While Chisato actually does have a favorite food, being the Fruit Sandwich, it was never programmed into the original second game, making it only available if you cheat. This is fixed in the Second Evolution remake.
- Chisato's favorite instrument is the Organ.
- Chisato and Noel can both be recruited although some players will have 7 party members forcing the choice between these 2. She is one of the three characters in The Second Story not to bar recruitment to other characters; in Second Evolution she is one of 4.
- Both Chisato and Noel are excluded from the Star Ocean EX manga.
- If the player achieves Noel and Chisato's ending, it is revealed that them and Rena are the final pure-blood Nedians left alive.
- The Second Story/Second Evolution
- Blue Sphere